Using the Windows 11 system, you will see a fresh icon over the taskbar. Whether you have not been utilizing the MS Teams collaboration application lately, it will be new when you move the cursor over the icon, which resembles a camera icon. Once you click on it, you will be invited to ‘Meet and chat with friends and family’ through the app. But several users want to remove Teams on the Windows 11 system, and we explain the whole procedure to do it.
Prevent MS Teams from Loading at Startup on Windows 11
If you are unable to prevent MS Teams from loading at startup on Windows 11, go through the on-screen directions provided below:
- First and foremost, Win and I hotkeys simultaneously over the keyboard, then hit the OK button to launch the Settings app.
- After that, choose the “Apps’ category and hit the ‘Startup’ option.
- You should find the Teams application and disable it.
- You can also see a few other applications that startup with the system you wish to turn off.
Delete MS Teams from the Taskbar on Windows 11
To delete the MS Teams from the taskbar on Windows 11, you need to carry out the process mentioned below:
- Navigate to the Taskbar icon and right-click on it on your Windows 11 system.
- Once you do that, choose the Taskbar Settings option.
- Underneath the ‘Taskbar items’ section, find the Chat option and disable it.
Uninstall MS Teams from Windows 11 Properly
If you are a new Windows 11 user and want to remove MS Teams properly, then follow the directions stated below:
- To get started, press the Win and I buttons at once on your keyboard and launch the Settings application on Windows 11.
- You should choose the ‘App’ category and hit the ‘App and features’ option.
- Find the MS Teams application within the list and choose the vertical ellipsis menu icon once you do that.
- Now, hit the Uninstall button.
Remove the MS Teams Chat Icon from the Taskbar on Windows 11
By following the on-screen instructions to remove the MS Teams chat icon from the taskbar on Windows 11:
- Navigate to the Search bar on your Windows 11 system.
- Then, insert ‘PowerShell’ into it and hit the Enter key to launch the PowerShell app.
- Once you do that, select the Windows taskbar and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, choose the Taskbar settings option.
- Expand the pull-down menu against the Taskbar in the right panel on the freshly opened screen.
- Now, find the Chat option and disable it by switching the table.
Reinstall the Microsoft Teams App on Windows 11
If you are trying to reinstall the MS Teams app on Windows 11, but you fail, execute the on-screen steps mentioned below:
- First thing you have to do is turn on the taskbar chat icon.
- If you are unable to view the Chat icon, then launch the Settings app.
- After that, choose the Personalization option.
- Go to the Taskbar and then expand the ‘Taskbar items’ option.
- Now, press the switch next to the ‘Chat’ to enable it.
- Finally, MS Teams will reinstall automatically.
Disable MS Teams without uninstalling it on Windows 11
In order to disable MS Teams without uninstalling it on Windows 11, then perform the guidelines below:
- Firstly, you need to launch the Settings screen on the Windows 11 system.
- Thereafter, select the ‘Personalization’ option.
- Go to the screen’s right side and select the Taskbar option.
- Don’t forget to disable the Chat option.
Now, shut the Settings and turn off the Team application from the taskbar.